Offering Illinois & Surrounding Areas Electrocoating & Powder Coating Services
Certifications: IATF 16949:2016
PPG Coatings Services' Peru, Illinois plant was established in 1992 to serve the electrocoating needs of the agricultural and construction markets. This facility now coats products for more than 90 customers in the automotive, appliance, general industrial and recreational markets in Illinois and surrounding states.
The Peru, Illinois facility contains 87,000 square-feet of production space with 18 shipping and receiving docks. Conveniently located near major highways, the Peru plant offers direct shipments to OEMs worldwide, enabling logistical cost-savings and just-in-time (JIT) management.
One black epoxy, monorail electrocoat (e-coat) system, accommodating parts up to 1,200 pounds with a part window of 36" x 72" x 72" and one black high-edge monorail electrocoat with zirconium pretreatment, accommodating parts up to 10,000 pounds with a part window of 102" x 60" x 60".
PPG Coatings Services is committed to providing services that enhance the product offering to our customers. Among the many value-added services offered at this facility are:
- Direct Shipments JIT to final point of assembly
- EDI / ASN Interface Capabilities
- MITS2 Inventory Tracking System
This facility utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic epoxy electrocoat material with low VOCs and HAPS. A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment system assures compliance with all environmental regulations.
- IATF 16949:2016 registered
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control over 200 coating process parameters providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), which provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, Peru offers full EDI/ASN (Electronic Data Interchange/ Advanced Shipping Notice) capabilities.
Conveniently located a half-mile north of I-80 (Exit #75) on State Route 251 and just west of the I-80 and I-39 intersection, five minutes from the Illinois Valley Regional Airport.