Saltillo/Ramos Arizpe, Mexico
Offering the Saltillo/Ramos Arizpe, Mexico Area Electrocoating, Powder Coating & Liquid Paint Services
Certifications: IATF 16949:2016
PPG Coatings Services' Saltillo plant was established in 2000 as the first facility in Mexico and its success has encouraged the addition of several more plants that now serve the country. Serving more than 60 customers in the Saltillo/Ramos Arizpe area, the plant has added 50,000 square-feet to accommodate increased production.
The Saltillo facility consists of two buildings combining 130,139 square-feet (12,095m) of production space and 16 shipping and receiving docks. A seven-stage zinc-phosphate pretreatment process complete with powder coating application in an air-conditioned environment ensures that powder products remain constant and contaminant-free. ISO/TS 16949 registered since 2007, the Saltillo facility offers the highest level of quality.
Two electrocoating (e-coat) monorail systems, one accommodating parts up to 5' x 5' x 13' (1.52m x 1.52m x 3.96m) and one capable of efficiently coating smaller parts with a part window of 2' x 3' x 9' (.60m x .90m x 1.8m)
Two powder coat/liquid paint systems offering an interchangeable color module for efficient changes, accommodating parts up to 5' x 5' x 13' (1.52m x 1.52m x 3.96m)
PPG Coatings Services is committed to providing services that enhance the product offering to our customers. Among the many value-added services offered at this facility are:
- Custom Packaging (including aftermarket)
- EDI / ASN Interface Capabilities
- MITS2 Inventory Tracking System
The Saltillo/Ramos Arizpe facility utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic, epoxy electrocoat material with low VOCs and HAPS. A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment system assures compliance with all environmental regulations.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control over 200 coating process parameters providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), which provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, the Saltillo plant offers full EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) capabilities.
Conveniently located in the FINSA Industrial Park, next to the General Motors Complex.