Offering the León, Mexico Area Electrocoating Services
PPG Coatings Services’ León plant was established in 2016. Serving customers in the Bajio area, this new, modern facility in the heart of Mexico brings high-quality electrocoating services to the region.
The León facility contains 75,000 square-feet of production space with five shipping and receiving docks, plus one ramp to accommodate smaller trucks. This location offers a multi-stage pretreatment process for electrocoating that is suitable for most commonly used metals. ISO/TS 16949 registration is currently in process for this facility with a Letter of Conformance issued in 2017, demonstrating a commitment to ensuring the highest level of quality.
One high-production indexing, monorail electrocoating (e-coat) system capable of coating parts up to 36" x 63" x 72" (0.91m x 1.60m x 1.83m).
PPG Coatings Services is committed to providing services that enhance the product offering to our customers. Among the many value-added services offered at this facility are:
- Real Time Process Monitoring & Control (PMC) System
- MITS2 Inventory Tracking System
- EDI / ASN Interface Capabilities
- Custom Labeling
This facility utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic, epoxy electrocoat material with low VOCs and HAPS. A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment system assures compliance with all environmental regulations.
- ISO/TS-16949 registration in process
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control over 200 coating process parameters providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, the León plant offers full EDI/ASN (Electronic Data Interchange/ Advanced Shipping Notice) capabilities.
Conveniently located in the center of a two-hour radius accessible to the key industrial cities of San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Aguascalientes, and Guadalajara in the heart of Mexico.