Offering Mannheim & Surrounding Areas Electrocoating Services
PPG Coatings Services' in Mannheim, Germany was established in 2010. Encouraged to locate in Mannheim by a large agricultural customer, the facility offers a state-of-the-art electrocoating system with both power and free conveyors with dual-color capability in green or black. The facility is optimally positioned to serve the automotive, truck and bus, and general industrial sectors.
The Mannheim Germany facility contains 45,000 square feet (418m) of production area with six shipping and receiving docks. From small components to large parts, all products receive superior pretreatment and the latest in corrosion-resistant coating. ISO/TS 16949 registered since 2013, the Mannheim facility offers the highest level of quality.
One high-capacity production, power and free conveyor electrocoating (e-coat) system with dual color capability (green or black) able to coat parts up to 95cm x 185 cm x 310cm (3' x 6' x 11.5')
PPG Coatings Services is committed to providing services that enhance the product offering to our customers. Among the many value-added services offered at this facility are:
- Custom Packaging (including aftermarket)
- Custom Labeling & Barcoding
- Direct Shipments JIT to final point of assembly
This facility utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic, epoxy electrocoat material with low VOCs and HAPS. A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment system assures compliance with all environmental regulations.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control over 200 coating process parameters providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), which provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, the Mannheim plant offers full EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) capabilities.
Conveniently located in southwestern Germany along the Rhine on the Friesenheimer Insel. Surrounded by major motorways including A5, A6 and A61, this facility is conveniently located for easy drop-off of parts.