Sumter, South Carolina
Offering South Carolina & Surrounding Areas Electrocoating, Powder Coating & Liquid Paint Services
Certifications: IATF 16949:2016
PPG Coatings Services' Sumter, South Carolina was established in 1986. Serving South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia, the plant is conveniently located for easy drop off/pick up of parts. The facility’s coating lines offer extensive masking capabilities for precision coating applications.
The Sumter facility contains 81,000 square-feet of production area with 12 shipping and receiving docks offering electrocoating, powder coating and liquid paint applications to a variety of industries. ISO/TS 16949-registered since 2007, the plant delivers the highest levels of quality.
One black epoxy PPG POWERCRON® ADVANTEDGE™ high-edge electrocoat (e-coat) line capable of accommodating parts up to 26" x 48" x 110"
One Powder Coat system for applying epoxy, polyester or hybrid coatings to parts up to 36" x 42" x 60"
One monorail liquid paint line capable of urethane coating to parts up to 18" x 90" x 72"
PPG Coatings Services' Sumter utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic, epoxy electrocoat materials with low VOCs and HAPS. A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment system assures compliance with all environmental regulations.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 registered
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control more than 200 coating process parameters, providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), which immediately provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, Sumter offers full EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) capabilities.