Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Offering Wednesbury & Surrounding Areas Electrocoating & Powder Coating Services
Certifications: ISO 9001:2015
Established in 1946 as Malcolm Enamellers, PPG Coatings Services' Wednesbury, UK location has built a reputation for high quality, high volume and quick turnaround at competitive prices in the heart of the UK’s automotive and industrial manufacturing sector.
The Wednesbury facility contains 60,000 square-feet of production area and operates its own transport fleet, offering convenient delivery and collection services for customers. ISO 9001 registered since 2013, the Wednesbury facility is committed to delivering the highest levels of quality and service.
Two electrocoat (e-coat) lines - One high-volume, quick-turnaround monorail line utilizing PPG POWERCRON® 6200 coating with spray pretreatment for small- to medium-sized components up to 1.8m, capable of turning product around in less than two hours.
One fully programmable e-coat line using PPG POWERCRON® 6200HE coating catering to heavy forgings, castings, fabrications and larger pressing such as sunroof assemblies and body parts up to 3m. Capable of treating laser cut edges on components for agricultural, truck and industrial markets.
Powder Coating/Liquid Paint
Monorail combination powder coat and liquid paint spray line capable of coating over electrocoating process up to 1.8m
PPG Coatings Services delivers value-added services that enhance the product offering to our customers. Among the many value-added services offered at this facility are:
- Direct Shipments JIT to final point of assembly
- Real Time Process Monitoring & Control (PMC) System
- Minor Trim & Sub Assembly
PPG Coatings Services’ Wednesbury facility utilizes “heavy-metal-free” cathodic, epoxy electrocoat materials with low VOCs and HAPS.
- ISO 9001 registered
- Fully supported by an A2LA Corporate Performance Test laboratory – saving you time and money on outside testing costs
- Fully equipped chemical laboratory and trained technicians – assuring the highest level of quality in our process control
- Process Monitoring and Controls (PMC) System – inline sensors monitor and control more than 200 coating process parameters, providing daily and historical statistical process control charting
- On-going team training programs
The plant is equipped with the MetoKote Inventory Tracking System (MITS2), which provides immediate “real time” data on the status of parts being coated. In addition, Wednesbury offers full EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) capabilities.
Conveniently located near Junction 9 of the M6 and Junction 1 of the M5 in the heart of the Midlands automotive manufacturing sector